Achilles Tendinopathy most commonly occurs in beginners who have recently increased their mileage, though it can affect even the most experienced runner. Similar to Plantar Fasciitis, it is generally more painful in the morning, or after activity.
Our top tips for treating Achilles problems at home:
- Calf stretching and foam rolling
- Calf raises (both bent knee and straight leg)
- Glute strengthening for hip stability
- Arch strengthening exercises
Please note, these are just guidelines and you should always check with a health professional first.
What can we offer here in clinic?
Of course, everyone is different and therefore every treatment is different, but our treatments can involve:
- Soft Tissue Massage to the Gastrocnemus and Soleus
- Running specific calf strengthening exercises
- Running specific gluteal strengthening exercises
- Shockwave Therapy
- Running coaching
Finding the cause is the key! We make it our mission to find the cause and solve it. This will involve a structured home exercise programme to help achieve this.