A Mummy MOT is a specialist postnatal examination for women following both vaginal and caesarean deliveries. It will assess how your posture, pelvic floor muscles, and diastasis (tummy muscles) are recovering after birth. And if they’re not, then we can provide you with an exercise plan and treatment to help in your recovery and to return to exercise safely.
Mums need to bend, squat and lift so we provide clinical post-natal care and functional exercises for female clients following birth (no matter how long ago the birth was). Our bodies need a little support to get back to normal physiological function after birth and so with the support you will get from Rosie who is our Mummy MOT specialist, you can help your body recover. Whether you want to get back into exercise, need support with pelvic floor, or just want to do the best for your body a personalised appointment will help you achieve this.
Please note the Mummy MOT is only suitable from six weeks post-natal onwards.
Babies are of course welcome along to the appointment! There is comfortable seating in our waiting areas and there is room for pushchairs/car seats in the treatment rooms.
Common postnatal issues that can be addressed include:
- Pelvic pain
- Lower or mid back pain
- Sore neck and shoulders
- Urinary incontinence
- Bowel incontinence
- C-section care and recovery
- Episiotomy care and recovery
- Prolapse management and treatment
- Vaginal pain or discomfort
The Mummy MOT includes:
- Address and treat any pain or discomfort you might have following the birth.
- Look at your standing and feeding postures and ensure you are in an optimal position for both.
- Advice on what the separation in your abdominal muscles is like and what you can do about it.
- Exercise tips. Knowing what is safe for you in your postnatal period and what your next few weeks and months might look like.
- Discuss and create a plan for returning to high impact exercise such as running, netball or crossfit if this is what you want.
- Discuss how to return to walking, pilates and yoga too.
- The option of an internal assessment of your pelvic floor strength and tips on how to correctly engage & release.
We also offer the Ultimate Mummy MOT Package which includes all the above with the addition of three follow up appointments (at a discounted rate). This number of sessions means you ensure the maximum benefit for this course of physiotherapy.
To book your Ultimate Mummy MOT Package (1hour initial assessment & three 30minute follow up sessions) click here
To book your Mummy MOT (1hour initial assessment) click here
If you book the Mummy MOT initial assessment you have the option to upgrade to the Ultimate Mummy MOT Package at your appointment.
Please get in touch and our team will be happy to answer any questions.