What is the Throwing School?
My name is Fi Morris and I am a professional cricket player for Western Storm and Welsh Fire. I have seen countless elbow and shoulder injuries due to poor throwing technique, and wanted to create the Throwing School to help address some of these.
We created the Throwing School for 3 main purposes:
- Injury prevention
- Increase throwing speed
- Increase throwing accuracy
What does an analysis include?
- You will first undertake a movement assessment to determine whether any strength / range of movement deficits needs to be addressed
- You will then be filmed throwing from side on, behind and from the front
- The therapist will then explain what you are doing well, and what could be worked on to decrease your chance of injury and increase your throwing efficiency
What will you walk away with?
- A selection of strength and / or mobility exercises to help decrease injury risk
- Drills and advice to help improve your throwing technique