Throwing Coaching in Bristol
What is the Throwing School?
My name is Fi Morris; founder of The Throwing Academy. I am a professional cricket player for Lancashire Thunder and Welsh Fire and a Sports Therapist with both clinical and sport experience. I created The Throwing Academy to utilise my experience in injury rehabilitation and many years of playing a throwing based sport to create a programme to enable athletes of all ages and ability to be able to throw with minimum pain and maximum power. This is done with a combination of technique coaching, strength – based training, mobility exercises and a bespoke workload programme.
We created the Throwing School for 3 main purposes:
- Injury prevention
- Increase throwing speed
- Increase throwing accuracy
What does an analysis include?
- You will first undertake a movement assessment to determine whether any strength / range of movement deficits needs to be addressed
- You will then be filmed throwing from side on, behind and from the front
- The therapist will then explain what you are doing well, and what could be worked on to decrease your chance of injury and increase your throwing efficiency
What will you walk away with?
- A selection of strength and / or mobility exercises to help decrease injury risk
- Drills and advice to help improve your throwing technique