Pilates is a unique body-conditioning method that emphasises the importance of commencing movement from a central core of stability. It works by targeting the postural muscles, building strength from inside out, rebalancing the body and bringing it into correct postural alignment. Sequences are carried out on a floor mat or specialised equipment, such as the reformer or stability chair, which use springs to graduate exercise intensity.
PILATES HAS BEEN SHOWN TO:
- Tone the body and develop longer, leaner and more powerful muscles
- Increase flexibility
- Reduce body aches and pains, especially back pain
- Create a more strong and flexible spine
- Improve posture
- Relieve tension and stress
- Improve lung capacity and circulation
- Focus the mind and enhance body awareness
- Improve coordination
- Aid recovery from injury and return to sport
Pilates provides results for people of all ages and abilities whether you want a toned and well-aligned body, to gain a competitive edge in your chosen sport, relief from back pain or an overall increase in your health and vitality. Pilates will transform the way you look and feel about your self.
At Bristol Physiotherapy Clinic we offer many ways to experience Pilates.
- One to one introductory assessment
This allows our instructors to discuss your personal goals and injuries, assess your posture and identify any muscle imbalance, introduce the Pilates concepts and principles and to design your sessions.
- Full one hour or half hour private (one to one) studio sessions
Pilates benefits people of all ages and abilities so come and find out how Pilates can help you.